,gwe',

Shimano do better on their Coffee Grinders,than their Casting Reels. Their bane being braking power. The itty-bitty 2500 Series Stradic's,wear 15# brakes and they are long lived...which is a money maker.

The Milford finally thawed yesterday and I reckon it could be time to put an Albino Gopher boat into the water.

Saw my first Spotted Owl yesterday too and found it intellestin',as I've heard so much about them.

[Linked Image]

Saw another Gopher come outta it's hole,yesterday early evening. Need to get some pics on my IMac,so I can see WTF.

Bedded Gopher,half in his hole on Mount Milford.

[Linked Image]

He woke up,for some reason.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BEST Thread Evah!

arch',

If you go to a 4000 Series Stradic,you reap 20# brake pads. May be a consideration for you,depending upon whatcha' typically require as line capacity.

I'm at ease with a 2500 stoked with 30# PP,as a mainstay,though I've a heard and go to 5000 sizing. I've seen me thumb spools,point rod tips and put the what-is on some splendid specimens,in sucha fashion.

They are smooooooooth,TOUGH and reliable and them is GOOD thangs.

DD,

I've a herd of Shimano Tekota's,in case I can ever save up enough,for a BWT to the Salt. They do nice things,but like all things Shimano,are light in the azz,when it comes to braking power. Got 'em all,up to 600's,but think I'd favor a 300 as an All Arounder,for bottom bouncin' and castin'. Might even Troll nice too. It'd seem like if you stoked 'em with 80# PP,that a guy would be in purty good shape.

Fin-Nor set the bar early and become Legendary...right outta da' gate.

Gee',

As per always,I enjoy the humor...especially when you don't intend it.

Bless your heart.