Originally Posted by battue
"Old Frothingslosh" brings back some memories.

Iron City, AKA "Red Dot" unfortunately permanently erased most of them.

Yingling Black and Tan is the best beer made in Pa. Most of the others will rot your urethra on the way out.

Worse beer I ever had, was while in College, I went over into NY State for the weekend with buddies sometimes, and they would offer Rheingold and Knickerbocker in bars and liquor stores... I couldn't make it half way thru a Rheingold without barfing.. and Knickerbocker was worse.. my buddies got a kick out of when a southern boy like me, started calling Knickerbocker, NigerKnocker instead.

We had a Carling Brewery next town over from where my college was...I was co-chair of Student Unions, and the brewery use to offer us kegs of Carling Black Label and Tuborg Gold for dances, parties and other student activities.. we would turn it down, because it was bad enough, even we college students wouldn't take it despite it being totally free...

Yeah the Northeast actually had some real rotgut beers up there....any of you New Yorkers old enough to remember Maximus Super? don't know if it is still around, but had a mega alcohol content for a beer...

and then there was when I use to go up to Ottawa and Montreal for week long school breaks... I got introduced to Molson 22 in Ottawa.... 22 ounce beer with 22 % alcohol... and went down as smooth as silk.. but when you got up to go hit the head,.... you head would spin and your ass immediately hit the seat or floor.... I actually got introduced to that by a couple of young off duty Mounties in a Blue Grass Bar in Ottawa... awwww the good old days...