'Mooner,

Haven't even begun to knock the new offa the Tournament Express,but did manage to lose an oil pressure sensor. If I don't get sidetracked chasing antlers in the Alpine this pass home,I'll shake it out a bit.

My main application for a Caster anymore,is in high volume Chrome Tourney type affairs,where it's nothin' but sheer and utter ruthlessness. Easier for me to swing a victim broadside,reach down and punch it in the ear,then hit freespool to gain enough slack,to roll hooks outta beaks and cast again. It's a thing of beauty and assuredly Poetry in motion!(grin)

Today's grinder oscillate in a fashion which is easier on line and upon many,you can actually change oscillation mechanics,to suit whim. PP has zero memory,which helps with fending twists and the whole enchilada is a vastly improved means of carnage management. I'd liken it akin to barrels,twist rates and boolits,in that these are The GOOD Old Days.

A Mitchell 300 wearing with mono,is akin to gunning 55gr wadcutters in a 243,stoked with Blackpowder. It'll go "Bang",but there's a whole [bleep] lotta performance left on the table and that ain't ever been how I rolled. Once you've tasted a 105,lit with '22...you really hate to slum the fluff.

'Course it's easy for me to say,as I gots it all.(grin)

dube',

I never ain't not casting.(grin)

I've long worn a videocamera on a lanyard 'round my neck,filmed right handed,with my strongside pinky holding the rod at the end of the forearm's cork,buried the butt in my hip and cranked with the left...to accrue live action footage. Gots it down to a [bleep] SCIENCE,but a dedicated mount on a tin hat,prolly wouldn't suck.

Need to get the GoPro on a 1913 rail and mount it on a ring cap or two,if only to REALLY get the Whiners whining. I hear that I get by with a rifle.(grin)

BEST Thread Evah!

'gwe,

I reckon that if I had ever fished for Sammun,that I'd prolly have a sweet spot for 2/0's in the fresh and 5/0's in the brine(often with a sliding 6/0 in conjunction). 'Course hooks is typically lightyears better than they've ever been and the GOOD 'Un's will set hook themselves. I've seen me be a fan of the lightest gauge wire I can get,in a given hook size,so as to reap the inherent attributes of less resistance coupled with Surgical sharpness. I do loves me them 'squito Octopus in sub Ought sizing and cain't get enough of Matzuo Octopus,once the Ought fence is crossed.

Braid is the best invention since moly and the [bleep](in no particular order).

I've caught 1000's and 1000's of High Grade Chrome on my beloved Loomis 9'6" 4-8lb test UL 1141-S rods. I got everything there is and then some and it is without doubt,my favorite blank of All Time.

'Nother slow day yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You boys sure is hard on The Do Nothing Gang and it seems you broke their spirits. I warned you,not to go swiping their [bleep] Imaginations...as it'd leave 'em with nothing.

Laffin'!