Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Nice bucks..hunting should be fun..not just for score..

WSM, Acouple years ago I hunted your country..fooled around there for 2 wks looking for a buck..Finally said the heck with it and packed my truck for the trip home..Stopped the last hour to visit a friend on his small farm..He suggested I watch a field near the barn the last minutes of the season..Just a few minutes before quitting time a nice buck came in to the field..I had my .25-06..One shot at about 350 did him in..Never would I have believed that would happen..Just can't give up I guess..

Many hunters fool around the whole season and don't score. Took me a few years of paying attention to the deer on the property I hunt until I started being successful on a regular basis. When you have as many hunters in a small area it can get frustrating. I have sat and listened to the gunshots and knew the deer were cut off from getting to where I hunt and not seen a deer all day. Only to have them all over the place the next because they got over the hill or down the hollow finally. Having a hunter behind every other tree is another reason to use a bit more gun sometimes. A deer that runs out of sight here often becomes someone elses even if that persona shoots into the ground and says he shot it. Seen it happen many a times to people.

Last edited by WSM_Shooter; 04/08/13.