Originally Posted by Boxer

Idaho',

I savvy the sentiment and it's appeal.

[Linked Image]

Look to do a leetle R&D here this go 'round,as I schlepped my 1D3/100-400L to work,my wingman is driving his 1DX/100-400L and another his 5D3/100-400L. The light is a bit flat this morning,though I'm thinking it'll pop here in a spell. I need to load LR4 onto my laptop and then will play around with some files. Tossed my G-12 in the bag as contingency and I've seen it do nice things too.

With that many Grandkids,you can easily justify a DSLR and 1D3's are at,or below $1K used now and that is plum amazin',given their IQ,AF and rugged durability. The 1D2N's are roughly half that and to this day,I still think very highly of that body. Never knowed anyone yet,that had "too many" pictures,let alone too many GOOD pictures.

Thank me later.(grin)

Yep. that right there is what I am talking about.

I would swear that little turd was sitting stone still and posing for your pic, 'cept he is throwing about a 10 knot wake!

I definitely need a faster focus speed and a much better lens. I would have liked to purchase something akin to the 1D2N instead of the SH-20. Probably could have for about the same cash, but then I would have needed lens bodies. Damned dollars, can only spend em once. grins

I am stuck with the Fuji for a couple more years, but on a positive note, it does take a decent snap shot of things close and not moving too fast. It'll catch the grins on the bairns' faces when they haul in a trophy 12 inch trout or crappie. And that is all that I REALLY care about.

Thanks for the advice Re DSLR bodies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.