pseshooter - No wrong choices in anything mentioned here. Someone mentioned that in the T3, the .243 & .25-06 share the same action size. I hand-load, so ammo is not an issue. If you travel and get separated from your ammo, .243 may be slightly easier to find in a pinch. I've owned a new T3 in .25-06 and liked its light weight, but never used it for hunting. I traded it for a used Ruger #1 in .243. Altogether, I own or owned 7 6mm rifles; Parker-Hale .243, had it for 43 years and planned to be buried with it. My current go to is a Kimber Montana in 7-08 and have killed 2 deer, 6-7 pigs and <6 coyotes with. Those animals ran a combined 200 yards +/-. The furthest I've shot an animal when I knew its exact range was 157 yards. I've shot further (up to an estimated 300 yards), but have always enjoyed getting as close as possible to the animal. As everyone knows, shot placement is the most critical element of success, followed by bullet construction, how easily an animal can be retrieved (a huge consideration in the steep canyons in the CA Coastal Ranges), etc.

Do you work on the Pacific Stock Exchange? I was a market-maker on the options floor from 1985-91.

Kevin Haile