Yep that's the way I place the amax as well. The deer making a mad dash don't bother me. I've seen more wierd things happen when they hit the dirt than when they run dead 40 yards. I get a kick outta the boys at work that obsess over bang flop. If they have a deer run 25-50 yards either the bullets suck or they need a bigger gun. I asked them one day if it is acceptable for the deer to die 5 seconds after being shot. They said sure!....then I asked them how far they figure a deer can run in 5 seconds....lol.

Just a little small sample but I believe I/we shot 4 deer with the 6.5-284 with 140 bergs. All lung/heart (broad head) shots and all hit the ground...big deal really I guess? Shot 5 with the 22-250AI amax and a hog. Hog bit the dirt as did 2 of the deer. The deer that did run didn't go anywhere really.

Was really impressed by the hog deal. Shot was fairly close and running. I'm by no means a great shot at running game. Hit the pig in the shoulder and he rolled. Wouldn't have expected the little target type(supposedly) bullet to hold up so well but it did.

While on the topic I know y'all like the 155's from lapua for 30 cal stuff. Thoughts on that bullet at 300 winny speeds? Thanks