Originally Posted by n8dawg6

Gdub: you've got some great stuff, but I can't warm up to this one. I assume, however, that it shoots better than it looks.

Let me put it this way,

I only paid a pittance for it.

I guess I could sell it any day, only let it stay so long, out of.....

well perhaps you get the message and have a couple of your own.

Anyhow, most all my rifles are pre-enjoyed. Many have a story that go along with them. This one is something that I picked up in a pawn shop almost 20 years ago when I first started collecting varmint chamberings and was enamored with 220 swifts and 22-250's. Seems an old benchrest shooter was dying of emphysema and needed money. He brought in a bunch guns to this particular pawn shop that was on my circuit. Its a tricked Remington 700 single shot that has been glass/pillar bedded. Chambered in the 22-250 with a 1 in 14 twist. It's a shooter with 52 gr. A-max and BTHP's over H-380 and I looked up the "smith" whose name was on the barrel. His reaction to the stock was a little more strident than yours. He swore that monstrosity was not his work, even though his name was stamped on the barrel .

It's too heavy to carry for the type of varmint calling I do. Best used as a bench gun. I've probably not put a 100 rounds through it in the last 15 years. I'll drag it out occasionally and punch some paper. It's boringly accurate. I'm hoping to do a PD hunt next year. May take it along as it is the only 22-250 I currently have in house.
Quien Sabe as the Messicans say.

Best,

GWB

PS: Plus I also realize how much Stick likes Texans, blue steel, woooooood and WAM's, so I can generally count on his admiring comments in that regard.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.