'gwe,

Never was enthralled with that particular Loomis GLX and always muchly preferred the GL3 version of the 1141-S. I was shy of 500 Trout,28" or better on it...though my GL3 is welllllllll over 1000 victims.

The Dude however,grooves on a GLX 1141-S and who am I,to tell him "no"?!?(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In fairness,there ain't too much Riggin' that can keep pace with my pursuits and passions and I've never seen or heard of anybody who's broke more rods,puked more reels,shot out more barrels or wore out more boots. So I've long known goin' in,that it's all gonna puke someday and have had an appreciation for wares that weather storms better than others.

Now I prefer Gary Rods that are much pre-Shimano,but dat's another story in and of itself. Reels have flip-flopped through the years,as to which Maker is getting the most schit right. For a Coffee Grinder Today,Shimano do steal the show and I'm still hearin' that a Stradic is alotta 'Grinder for the loot,as per F&S. I've daily done things with a '2500 that cain't be did and rest assured,my heart is very much into making one puke and my "maintenance program"...would make Shimano cringe.(grin) I'm purty hard on Riggin',all Riggin'.

'Course nothing is forgivinger than a boat and a guy can get by with alotta schit there,that wouldn't begin to cut it streamside. I mean rifle weight/length/handling has no bearing either.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lotsa stuff is "good",until is used in direct comparison and fewer and fewer folks is of the time,means or inclination to sort such particulars out,though such pursuits ain't never not interested me. Never could master "going light",prolly 'cause I've always had the shoulders for the job of going heavy.(grin) Good schit gets noted for more procurement and lesser wares get throwed in the fire. I've seen me fuel some VERY [bleep] impressive blazes.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Have thought once or twice about buying a boat,for here along The Milford...but cain't seem to talk myself into it.

BEST Thread Evah!

brinky,

Sounds like you "fish" rather "often" and "catch" quite a "bunch".

Laffin'!

WyoCoyo',

I've long Dreamed of catching a Sammun myself. Guys like 'Hank and Brinky,really know how to paint a purty picture(with their Imaginations).

Laffin'!

DD,

A "break" don't count as a kill,unless it were via a pizzed off victim. I've been an Ace in a single day,numerous times.(grin)

Any excuse I can muster,to punch a victim in the ear,is more than good 'nuff for me and I've seen me throw a multitude of punches in a day. Volume pursuits,have always interested me.(grin)

Now "Purty Trout" is subjective and while I've caught 1000's and 1000's of mirrors,I've always had me a soft spot for just a peench of blush and that window is oh soooooooooooo slight in The Grand Scheme of a life cycle. 'Course ambient light and surroundings,do help to tell the whole story and like everything else,I'm focusin' the Whole Enchilada.

This is close to right,as per the relative spectrum of Troutly Coloration(s).

[Linked Image]

Though in the right mood,one deeper in the cycle,can be appreciated in contrast. I reckon that Pun be intended.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_0239.jpg[/img]

It do seem like there's lotsa stuff to do in The Outdoors and I reckon that's why I cain't savvy Whining Couchbound [bleep] and their glorious Imaginations.

They prolly Pretend not to,too.(grin)