Originally Posted by moosemike
This thread still goin'? Seems like the proverbial dead horse. Why keep kicking it?

Because I can, and I find it enjoyable. At my stage of life, I try to avoid pain or things that bore me.

A couple thoughts. Maybe some of the others that keep kickin� this and the �223 AI � thread may have some of the same things in common.

I started mowing yards for money when I was 10, some 52 years ago. Been self employed all my life. Worked my ass of for the next 40 years. Lost most everything in the early eighties except my wife and kids. Redoubled my efforts. Took almost 15 years to get back. Twelve years ago I was at a point where I could basically quit and maintain.
Now at 62 after a lot of miles and hard knocks, as a certain fellow puts it, I�m not as hard chargin.
On another note, I started hunting at six years old. By eight I was running the fields with my fice and twisting rabbits out of holes with a forked stick. Was able to run the creeks of east Texas with a sack lunch, a fishin� pole, a twenty-two rifle and a Zane Grey paperback novel. Over the last years I�ve prolly bought and sold over 200 centerfire rifles and at my zenith was reloading for 57 different centerfire chamberings. From 17 ackley hornet to 458 Lott. At the age of 11 I had a goal of killing a 1,000 birds a year. Did so with a Daisy pump gun. Several years exceeded that. Been killing stuff ever since. These days, almost only what I plan to eat, other than varmints and paper. Mid nineties I built my own private range at our farm and could shoot to 300 yds. When I got tired of shooting paper I could set up on the levee of our lake and snipe all manner of squirrels, turtles, pearl do�s, starlings, crows and what not. The last dozen years or so I�ve had two hill country leasees. Between my son and I we can take 10 white-tail deer, and 4 turkey apiece, plus unlimited varmints and hogs, and exotics. The varmints and hogs can be hunted 24/7/365. I spend between 60 and 100 days a year in the field, not counting how many days I spend at the range (15 minutes from my house).

I�ve 7,000 + posts since 2001 on Accurate Reloading, 1,200 here under my current handle. Most are stories and pix of hunting experiences rifles and range reports.
After thirteen years and a scad of posts, I am not so much interested in �What is the best elk bullet for Colorado at 10,000 ft. elevation in my 30-30 at 400 yards, or whether 5 shot groups tell less than 10 shot groups at 100 yds. when one will actually be shooting at unknown distance, usually one shot and the shooter has no idea what his velocity, BC and PBR for any given rifle.

TV is just that. Total vacuum. With the exception of Stephen Rinella�s �Meateater� I watch no hunting programs. Most shows are so antiseptic that they are unreal. I can't tell you how much I despise shows where the wife is the focus, her husband is a cuckold and doormat, or the guy that just shot his 15th deer of the season is going orgasmic and thanking Jaysussss.

I can play off of guys like Boxer and both enjoy his �Schtick� and photos and use his posts as springboard for my pics and interests. Enjoy the crazy antics and witty repartee of guys like Barbarian Dan (Digital Dan),EddyBo, Deflave, MojoHand, Dan Adair, Jorge1 Wageslave, SLM, Huntsman22, Elkhunternm, Shortactionsmoker, Smokepole, Seafire (who I have known for years on AR) Archie james c, not to mention Ingwe�s classy posts and the �art� displayed on the �223 AI� thread, plus all the other cast of characters I did not mention.

So threads like this help keep a guy like me off the streets, out of the bars, and out of my wife�s drawers and entertained. Selfish, most definitely, but it�s definitely worth the price of admission, and hey, someone may just be wrong on the internet. LOL
Long may they live���

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.