Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Thought you use-ta be a Boilerhound before you got into NDT?

Im starting to take note of your advice you gave me a couple years ago regarding NDT training...I see what you were trying to tell me..

Our union (QCC) affiliates with the Boilkermakers and Pipefitters. I just happened to go BM the day I started.

It's a very good trade with a lot of flexability. I've only been off work maybe two or three months in the last 11 yrs and that was only when I was just starting out. We just had one guy leave our shop and head out west who will make over $300,000 this next year. I'm trying to stay put here and home at night. Still makes a good living. Contrary to what the Frozen Shrimp will say we don't have seniority in or contract, so we do have that to hide behind. If we don't work, we're not employed. Simple as that.

The Millwrights Union is no different, if you're a plug you get 2 months a year of work. If you're good you get name hired and work all year. A good friend who's also in our hall is up at Detour Lake at the gold mine that was just built, the GF fired 4 guys in two weeks due to "being [bleep] stupid" laugh . Too many people think of the UAW/CAW and associate them with our trade/construction unions and really, we couldn't be more different.

Last edited by archie_james_c; 06/17/13.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not