Eddy,

I do like a fast twist 6 mm...I admit being partial to that 6mm Remington on a long action tho... runs close enough to a 6mm/06 in velocity, I haven't see the need to go to a different size...

That DTAC bullet does interest me tho....always has... however I had heard that David Tubb wasn't making them anymore.. so I gave up pursuing some... those 115 Bergers sure reach out there tho..

I can run them at about 3250 out of my 6mm Remington....and 75 grain HPs right at 3700....

I am also partial to the same case but necked up to 6.5 mm...

have one of those on a Model 70 LA, with another PacNor barrel on it, heavy magnum contour and 28 inches long, 1 in 8 twist...
that one will also reach way out there... testing it against a 6.5 x 284, it would actually beat that one in MV, although granted the 6.5 x 284 had a 26 inch barrel...

having to come down here to Arizona, I had to cut short deer and elk season, but I was hoping to test that one out with the 140 grain Ballistic Tip.... being a ballistic tip fan that I am...

both the 6mm Rem and the 6.5 x 57, on long actions happen to be my two favorite rounds...they both give a good performance based on the smaller amounts of powder they take to do so...