Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So, we like rainbow colored peegs, eh?

B "DRT" D

You da' man BD.

Shorts to the ear. Mighty fine.

Anyway, as to wearing off the purdy.

That�s what they make Tru-Oil for, especially if you subscribe to Boxer's methouud of barrel break-in. LOL

I�ve an Eberlestock Gunrunner pack I carry rifles in. Slide it in, wrap a sweat-rag around the exposed portion of the stock and secure it w/ a bungee. Good to go.

What�s the old saying, don�t tell my mom I work in the oil fields, she thinks I�m a piano player in a whore-house.
I may not have much class, and the Hill Country Hoglets, may not get much respect either, but don�t mean the firearms they get killed with can�t have class.

[Linked Image]

My latest pig-whacker. Merkel K1, stalking rifle, 9.3 x 74R, 1.8 x 5.5 Ziess Conquest.

[Linked Image]

286 Gr. partitions @ +/- 2,250 fps ought to make an impression.

I took it with me when I went several weeks ago, sat out one morning and two evenings, got skunked. Well it won�t be but a couple weeks and I�ll try again with the 9.3 x74. It�s past time to bloody that rifle.

Best

GWB

PS: I say I'm just one rifle away from being satisfied. Maybe if I'd ever stop buying them, I could afford to go on a quality hunt. But then I'd probably have to hire a guide. Then it wouldn't be DIY but DAHS (do as he sez). That's hard for an un-reconstructed sixties iconoclastic,used to be long-haired but now bald, Texas red-neck.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.