I have an unconfirmed rumor --------- but I think it's probably true.

I am good friends with a 2 "high level government employees". Both told me that the President wanted to set things up to confront Comey, but Comey made it a point to be "too busy" and flew to LA to give his speech. There is a possibility (or maybe a probability) he had some behind the seens meetings to attend too, one of which may have been with a courier for Obama. The speech is the cover story for the real reason the trip was important to him. The speech and the meeting are confirmed but the focus of the meeting is not and was kept secret. Both of my friends tell me that they can only speculate as to the content of those meetings and why is was so important to Comey, but the process of elimination slims it down to only a few reasons, none of which were likely to be legit or they would have been public, and on the itinerary. My friends details are 2nd hand too, but close to the top in their sources. Hence my belief that their story is probably accurate.

Anyway, Comey was not going to cooperate with Trump's re-write of his schedule, and made it a point to "fly the finger" and "make him wait".

So President Trump did what I believe I would have done. Probably what any good manager would do. He fired him anyway, and let the press tell him.

So the idea that he should have done it face to face may or may not have some merit, but Comey forced the issue (again) and this time Trump just threw the switch anyway.

I say Good for Trump! Good for the USA!

Last edited by szihn; 05/10/17.