Originally Posted by Squidge

“This is about the most serious counterintelligence people we have in the U.S. government saying, ‘Oh, my God, the president’s words and actions lead us to conclude that somehow he has become a witting, unwitting, or half-witting pawn, certainly in some regards, to Vladimir Putin,'” Bernstein explained during his appearance on Reliable Sources .

“From a point of view of strength… rather, he has done what appears to be Putin’s goals. He has helped Putin destabilize the United States and interfere in the election, no matter whether it was purposeful or not,” the journalist added. He then explained that he knew from his own high-level sources that Mueller’s report would discuss this assessment.

I meant to comment on this earlier. It's a face saving exit strategy for the witch hunters. "No, we couldn't find anything illegal, but he may have unwittingly helped Russia." Hell, they knew going in they weren't going to find any illegal interaction with Russia. They did think that the open ended investigation would lead them to some crime they could hang on Trump. I am amazed that it didn't. I can't imagine a team of the most vicious agenda driven lawyers conducting an investigation on a billionaire international business magnate and not finding something he did wrong. It certainly will speak well of him and his team if they can't find anything. Hell, I probably made a mistake on my taxes at some point. Their pride and their agenda won't let them leave without some sort of scathing rebuke. The above is it.

And Democrats will celebrate with a great big "I told you so."

It's really a pretty good strategy for them. I just hope the new AG has the balls enough to seek justice.