Originally Posted by Wyogal
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
This is how I got hurt. Gives me the heebies just to look at that pic- thanks for that. I can't remember the accident itself, or until some several hours later in the hospital. I do remember when I was finally able to tell the doctors what day t was. It was like coming out of a nightmarish fog of confusion and fear. The other driver was killed. It was 100% his fault. What followed was the worst couple years of my life to date.

[Linked Image]

I would never equate my experience to that of our heroic combat vets, but the truth is I was told I had PTSD about 9 months afterwards by a psychologist. It seemed odd to me, in that I couldn't remember a damn thing, yet I'm supposed to be traumatized by it? But I guess so. I was conscious, just not forming memories... they tell me... I've never been comfortable calling it PTSD but that's what THEY called it.... anyway, I was getting exhaustive cognitive tests done at the time (yeah, that'll [bleep] with your head) to document the deep cognitive deficits I was experiencing, in support of my insurance claim. In that process I talked to several psychologists. It was honestly quite beneficial, kinda changed my opinion of shrinks.

A man died in this accident, a good man by all accounts. I don't want to talk further about it. Please be adults here, and let it go.

Hey dramaboy, YOU posted it, in all your troll like disingenious manner.

IIRC, I originally mentioned the PTSD is support of our combat vets... again going from memory, my comment was that it's a truly miserable experience and if what they are experiencing is anything like what I did, we cannot possibly do enough to help them.

It resolved after a year and a half or so, though the last few months were pure hell in that I was starting to despair that it was permanent. It's no way to live. A dog barks, and you get a prickly sweat. Your wife clanks two dishes together, and your body goes full fight or flight. Whatever it is we do to help our troops, it ain't enough.

We done with this?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!