Originally Posted by Jeff_O
What a strange and nebulous place we find ourselves in.

It would appear that POTUS and his band of lying crooks is, as I said, not guilty of conspiring with Russia. But holy FAWK did they push that boundary. And holy FAWK did they lie and lie and lie about it, often at POTUS's direct command.

I said early on that if Trump et al turned out to be innocent, they would be the guiltiest-seeming innocent people EVER. I stand by that. Lies upon lies upon lies. These are fundamentally, profoundly, dishonest people. That's just charming. And this was NOT a "witch hunt". Any candidate who ever pulls this kind of crap again deserves to be investigated.

Anyway.... one reason I wanted to wait to do this until we at least saw the redacted report was that I wanted to assess just how far astray the MSM had led me. It turns out, not very far at all. Where I went full-retard was in the connecting of the dots; but the dots themselves were almost completely correct. I read a story last night about the number of times that Trump cried "fake news!" that turned out to be 100% correctly reported REAL news. It was a BUNCH, and they were very consequential dots, too. The dude is a LIAR. If you bought into his BS then you got played. Period. So I got played too, I went all-in.... I'm admitting that. But you got played WORSE. My mistake was letting my profound dislike for this piece of human dung color my judgement. Your mistake was ignoring, even wholly discrediting, a whole shïtload of stuff that turned out TRUE and spinning up a vast conspiracy story.

I'll take my mistake over yours. YMMV.

(It's necessary to point out that YOUR alt.media did not report these dots and in fact generally tried to discredit and de-value them. You won't acknowledge that because that's just how you guys roll, but it's the truth. )

Finally, obstruction. I also said early on that this was not my main issue; I was concerned about collusion with an adversary and what that meant on the global stage. That's still true. But it needs said: Trump obstructed justice. Period. If any other citizen other than a POTUS had done what he did they'd be indicted. When he claims exoneration on that front, he's lying. If you buy it, you're simply proving beyond ANY doubt that you are fully indoctrinated. Still, this was not my main issue so I'm not gonna push that point other than to say, whatever political hellfire he receives for it is fully earned.

Speaking of Truth. So what, AFAIK, is true?

-Donald Trump had deep, ongoing business ties with Russia during the campaign which he flat lied about. I think the Deutchbank subpoenas will be illustrative of this beyond what we already know.

-Donald Trump's campaign was in constant contact with Russia; over 100 instances. He/they also flat lied about this.

-Donald Trump knew Russia had hacked the DNC emails and was feeding them to Wiki. He flat lied about this as well, in essence giving them cover so they could continue to weaken his opponent.

-Donald Trump did conspire with Wiki; however this apparently was technically legal, despite knowing that Wiki was in league with Russia. This is very troubling to me.

-Donald Trump repeatedly obstructed the investigation into the Russian attack, and his potential ties to it. He's literally a crook in this regard, protected only by a JD policy (I.E., NOT a constitutional provision) protecting sitting presidents from indictment.

-Donald Trump is a serial and very consequential liar who will go down in history as such. Anyone supporting him is supporting someone who lied to them, and everyone else, over and over. Only a Herculean effort in goalpost-moving even allows said support. His level of engagement with Russia, and subsequent lies about it, would've been utterly unacceptable to most of you... 2 years ago. You've changed. Golf clap, fellas. Good job. Way to show just how principled you actually are. As in, not so much.

I will conclude by saying that if there's a Russia connection that Mueller didn't find; one that would prove a criminal conspiracy, then Putin has Trump by the absolute BALLS right now. I'm gonna throw a hail-Mary and predict that this turns out to be the case. That fits the known fact-cloud, and Trump's actions and responses, better than any other explanation. Dude was SCARED. He lied over and over and over for a reason. He's hiding something. Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, and obviously, "I've been wrong before!".... but still, that's my guess. Time will tell. Before you heads explode, I'm not gonna pimp that theory or try to defend it here as nauseam. I'm done doing that. Still, I am putting it out there this once.

Oh- I've un-subbed from the exercise thread and no longer GAF who trashes it. I won't see it. If messing up a apolitical thread where guys are simply trying to better themselves and hold themselves accountable is your thing, have at it. Those are good guys; they can hold their own.

Donald Trump is a piece of shït, but he's your piece of shït, and you can have him. We'll see how that plays out. Interesting times we live in. For the record, I don't see a Democrat in the field I could vote for in 2020, and I'm not voting for this lying incompetent clown, so, here's hoping for a good Libertarian candidate or the like to rescue us from this cesspool. Out.

LMFAO.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house