Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Originally Posted by renegade50
If welfare ceased to exist, the democrat party would wither away, their would be nobody to vote for them........

Welfare in all forms - cash benefits, food stamps, medicare, housing assistance only add up to 20% of the population, many of whom are working poor. About 30% of those have only been on assistance for under a year, leaving about 14% of the population more chronically on assistance. This includes those on disability. There are no doubt some who are chronically on the dole basically sucking money out of the rest of us, but it's probably less than 1 in 15 - still too much, but not a huge burden on society in general.

As to the Trump thing, I'm going to sit back and eat popcorn. It's great entertainment as long as you don't take it too seriously. I can never wrap my head around how folks in the USA can get so worked up about their politics. Both sides seem to think the other side is the devil. For myself, I think the bible has a lot to say about how to treat your enemy, and it's good advice. I sure hope the truth about all of this (whatever that may be) comes out one day and it doesn't end up being another "Kennedy" thing that never really gets resolved.

Then why do they need to buy T-bones and filet mignon on our dime?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin