Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Couple thoughts.

First, I want to make clear that I don't personally support an "obstruction of justice" witch hunt here.... at least not as it's currently being reported. I think it's credible that Trump, as a political noob, simply didn't/doesn't really understand the traditional boundaries between say POTUS and the FBI. So my take is this: if he himself is proven to have colluded, string him up for treason and I've got the perfect oak tree. But I am NOT a foaming-at-the-mouth hater who wants him taken down "however". From what we have been allowed to know SO FAR, I don't think impeachment over obstruction would be a fair or proper course. It may HAPPEN, particularly after the D's take back the House in '18, but I'm not advocating it, again just going off what we've been told.

Second is that some here seemed downright euphoric after Comey's testimony. That's nuts. Again, you are massively failing to read between the lines as well as realizing how these sorts of things play out and in what sort of time frame. Read this.

http://www.newsweek.com/comey-testimony-trump-worry-russia-probe-623993

This whole affair is both deep and wide, and is, legally speaking, as real as it gets. This is NOT some Deep-State Swamp People conspiracy. It's an investigation based on evidence. Notice how Repub's didn't come out crowing after the private session with Comey? He's in big trouble. People close to him are [bleep]. Given his brand of "loyalty"- which only goes one way (towards him), I expect there will be some guys thrown under some buses. Manaforte, Flynn, and that dude who went to Seychelles come to mind.

You are ONLY "reading between the lines", disregarding the bulk of (the lack of) evidence.