Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Howdy folks. Thought it best to let this one rest until after Comey's testimony.

I'm sure y'all have eviscerated Comey on other threads. Some of it is deserved. I've read the news on both sides post-testimony and have seen where the general battle-lines are drawn now.

My takeaways, since you ask, are thus:

*Comey, Mueller, et al are the ones playing 3D chess here. I think it's in the realm of possibility that Comey's firing was an elaborate setup- by Comey himself. Certainly, the way he prepped for the possibility, and then played it when it occurred, was brilliant; it has resulted in a) a special prosecutor who b) is not just anybody, but the un-impeachable (as opposed to Trump, haha) Mueller... who has carte blanch (and political cover) to investigate all this stuff in ways Comey never had... and it has also resulted in Comey being free to talk.

*Theres now a pure and simple credibility battle between the two men, Trump and Comey. Both have now called the other a flat-out liar. Since we know Trump IS a serial liar, advantage Comey... but more to the point, the "tapes" now loom as political land mines for Trump. All it takes is any of his administration, who would know about them, to be asked under oath if they exist. If so, they'll be subpoenaed as public records. And I'd bet the farm that they'll prove that Comey is telling the truth to the letter, and Trump is lying his orange ass off. So, Comey has now placed Trump in a position of great political (credibility) peril on that front; well... actually, Trump did it to himself because the [bleep] guy cannot just STFU. But Comey took that mistake and played it perfectly.

*Sessions is a dead man walking and will be the next domino to fall. Comey essentially assasinated his career. And what the heck is up with these guys not disclosing these meetings?! Jeez! If they were so innocent, just disclose them and move on. "It's not the crime, it's the coverup". Truer words...

* Mueller will be pursuing obstruction charges. They've got more "there" that Comey didn't disclose. Mark my words.

* Pence remains clean. Everyone on both sides is being studiously careful about that. Gosh golly I cannot imagine why.

* Trump's tax returns will turn out to be a Very Big Deal and will show numerous undisclosed Russian entanglements.

* That said, I still think it's at least 50/50 that Trump himself is NOT guilty of collusion with Russia. I think he's entangled in ways that would be suspicious (see: tax returns) and I think he's been incredibly naive about "Russia" at a bare minimum, but he might be innocent of actual, active collusion. But members of his campaign/family/ and/or administration are guilty as hell. Didn't take much reading between the lines to get that... reference Comey emotionally saying "but if Americans were HELPING them, that's a huge deal!" (Not an exact quote).

* the stage is now set; Comey and Mueller have rather brilliantly hemmed Trump in and he's in an almost literal minefield created mostly by his own big mouth. He's under enormous pressure. He responds poorly to pressure; eruptions will follow... anyway, they'll now be putting the squeeze on Kushner, Micheal "I'm not Matt" Flynn, and Manforte... someone will cave. Trump telling Flynn to "stay strong!" was brutally stupid. There's something "there".

* McCain is fading fast and won't be around much longer.

* Russia won the American 2016 presidential election.

I'll reiterate my willingness to bet a box of bullets that collusion by Trump and/or campaign associates will be demonstrated prior to the '18 midterms; or, that Trump does not serve his full term. Any takers, or are you guys just gonna call me names and puss out? I'm guessing the latter, because I think in your heart of hearts it's dawning on y'all that I'm right, you're wrong, and that is gonna suck bad enough without the added indignity of mailing me a box of bullets. But the offer stands. wink

Love this one JellO, ........ hahahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.