But wait, Jeff doesn't call names

repost

Jeff0 is a bitch.

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Curdog, I remember from then, and I've noted again recently, that you are a stalwart for civil discourse. Good on ye.

To your point, we are ALL regurgitating here. None of us actually know [bleep] other than what our choice of media is telling us and how we choose to connect the dots in front of us. I believe the majority here are connecting them wrong, mostly because their palette of dots is limited due to them pre-filtering what they are willing to read. So, we all are casting the tea leaves or spilling the cat entrails and making a call as to our interpretation. That's what I'm doing. That's ALL I'm doing. However I'm doing it with persistence, which is being mischaracterized as arrongance, and so I'm getting the standard Campfire toolkit thrown at me. The only thing missing is a certain somebody trying to set me off by insulting my wife. It doesn't matter. I have very thick skin these days or I wouldn't be here.

So, I'm expressing my opinion here, and I'm trying to keep it mostly contained to this thread so that folks can choose to read it, or not. If you choose to read it, that's your call. If it hurts your head, don't read it. I'm not going to stop saying it. Why? Two reasons. First, I think I'm correct. I think Trump and/or campaign associates did collude with Russia to attempt to affect the election. And second, because this is something that people here need to hear! Echo chambers are a harsh mistress when it turns out they are wrong, and many here are stuck in one. I'm trying to HELP. I really am.

If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll own that. Same way I owned it a few days ago when I crossed my own personal line about name-calling (it sure wasn't a line that exists here on the Fire!) and publically apologized to Jorge. Maybe I AM wrong and it's you guys reading the tea leaves correctly and ME in an echo chamber! That's a possibility I'm trying to be open to. Can "you" collectively say the same?

I'm off to make some dough. Got a vexing issue with customer-supplied crappy steel that has hard inclusions that are giving my tooling fits. Gotta try some custom grinds on cutters... hopefully.

"Nunes told reporters he had seen new information showing that the communications of Trump transition officials were scooped up through monitoring of other targets and improperly spread through intelligence agencies during the final days of the Obama administration"

"Nunes said the intercepted communications appeared to be legally obtained and were not related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. He said his concern was that the identities of the Trump officials were improperly revealed and the contents of their communications were “widely disseminated” in intelligence reports.
Schiff disputed Nunes’ suggestions that there was improper “unmasking.” He said that after speaking with Nunes, it appeared that the names of Americans were still guarded in the intercepts though their identities could be gleaned from the materials"

Ok... enough silly name calling (Wanker started it! grin) ... here's the situation as I see it.

Obama was told something really fishy was happening. As a patriotic American he did his best in the limited time he had left to safeguard our democracy from the threat. What you would rather he'd done?! It would've been literally treasonous for him to ignore this.

Obfuscate and deflect (and wank) all you want, WhelenAway, but the simple fact appears to be that Trump is a traitor and a whole bunch of good Americans are trying to protect America's interests.

No one hates the constitution as much as a two-time Obama voter...

I like Doc. I'll try to find his post.

We here (seem to) enjoy jousting and calling names but I have to believe that beneath all this BS we share a common love of the Constitution and of America. I am deeply appalled at the size and scope and reach of our MIC in general and the global extension of our military power specifically. This was never supposed to be "America"; we've become something the founders would hate.

I'm also deeply appalled at the level of surveillance we are under this very minute, all of us. So I'm hardly a patsy for continuation of our current national posture in these regards; I like some of Trump's ideas about NATO and international trade and so on, and I like his potential as an agent of real change.

But before we can proceed to that we simply have to know the truth about Trump/Russia or, conversely, our deep state intel guys. One or the other is traitorous. The tea leaves tell me it's Trump. You guys have got yourselves spun into a place where you'd rather believe the whole government- except the guys you like, natch- are traitorous. We need to figure this out conclusively. There's no other path forward.

Honestly? Many of you know in your hearts that Trump has all the signs of being guilty of this. Hence your vitriol and knee-jerk bitchiness about the whole thing. It's not gonna work. You can't shout this one down.

Whatever the truth is, let's figure it out and get things moving forward. I'll say it one more time. If the traitors here are Obama and the deep state... hang 'em high. I've got the perfect oak tree for it and I'll tie the noose.

I'm going to apologize to Jorge for calling him that. I should've used a term like "delicate hothouse flower" or the like. My bad. I got up at 2:30 this morning to drive my kid to the airport. I'm out of sorts and grouchy. That sort of name-calling only damages the conversation, which I have said bums me out... so I'll own it.

Jorge, I apologize.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"