Originally Posted by hatari
Anybody else notice a change in JeffO over the course of this thread? What started as a discussion now finds him chiming in every now and then when the Left gets some news they think they like and the insults fly. He wasn't like that at the start of this or previously, and it's almost as if Paddler has hacked his handle here. Maybe it's leftist frustration driving him further to the Dark Side.

Let's go for 1800 posts on my humble thread.

Yeah, I have noticed it, now that you bring it up.

But I've noticed a lot of changes in Jeff's posts over the past 5 years or so, since his car wreck and severe concussion. Dunno if there's any causal relationship.

But I've also noticed a huge change in the personality and conversation of my oldest friend, who I've been in more or less continuous contact with for almost 60 years, since 2nd grade. My friend had an aortic valve replacement 3 years ago and had a complication wherein a "shower" of plaque particles ruptured off his aortic arch and caused dozens if not hundreds of tiny infarcts in his brain. (This, btw, is a common but rarely discussed complication of open-heart surgery, as I'm sure you know, Jeff.) The net result is that my friend, who used to be a very bright guy with an engaging and level personality and a political moderate, has become a raging Facebook social justice warrior, Trump-hater, and rabid liberal. I wonder if a similar thing has happened to JeffO. I do not mean this in jest, either. I am completely serious.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars