Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Okie, you are the one person with whom, if memory serves, I might have successfully consummated an actual bet. You'll want to go read the language I was proposing. I was very precise in my wording and that was not by accident; in fact, it's why I was resistant at the time to, say, Jorge: he kept changing the wording, for one thing, but for the other he wasn't paying attention to what I was actually saying, as evidenced by his comment at the time how he'd win because, snork snork, collusion is not a crime. So he was just gonna do his usual weasel his way out (in his mind) thing anyway.

But to my point, I never bet that it WAS a crime. Go back and look. Anyway, if indeed we completed the simple contract that is a bet, then we'll need to have a conversation about what it means for collusion to be demonstrated. Because it WAS. Maybe you see it differently. You are one of tge very few folks around here who've behaved honorably and I'd be happy to have that talk. Just PM me. Should we determine a bet occurred and a box of bullets needs to change hands then that's what'll happen on my end and, I trust, the same is true from you.

By the way, contrary to popular belief, collusion actually IS an enumerated crime in the Federal justice codes or whatever they are called. True fact! A former prosecutor, again if memory serves, found it mentioned somewhere. I read an article. Might have bookmarked it, I'll look. Regardless, there's no shortage of enumerated specific crimes that fall under the general descriptor "collusion". Conspiracy to defraud jumps right to mind.

"A box of bullets says Trump won't finish his first term."

This is our first bet.

The additional bet I am proposing is just as straight to the point as the first. You want some of it?

Last edited by okie; 01/21/19.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~