Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by RickBin
I am shocked.

Shocked, I tell you!

Actually I am shocked.
Shocked that Mueller would come forward with the truth.

Something doesn’t add up here.

Mueller leaks to Buzzfeed, then says Buzzfeed lied?

Like you, I am shocked that Mueller actually stepped in to disabuse everyone of false info. Seems odd.

What I am not shocked at is that the info itself was, apparently, false. Red flags all OVER on this one. As I posted before, if I am Cohen, and I can deliver Trump's head on a platter, I am either getting complete immunity from Mueller, or a pardon from Trump. Nobody (who has decided to cooperate with prosecutors) walks into the pen for 3 years and gives up their license to practice law for life with the mother of all hole cards in their hand.

Also, I wonder at what point it becomes incumbent on Mueller go public with truly damning information. For example, if, as alleged by Buzzfeed, the President suborned perjury and obstructed justice, what, you let him continue to perform the duties of the office of the President for months or years while you finish your investigation? That's a question I'd like to see addressed.

The last point about it being incumbent on Mueller to come forward with truly damning information is an good one. I think it is becoming clear that Mueller's counterintelligence investigation is taking precedence over his criminal investigation. He is clearly holding off indictments for several people who clearly believe they will be indicted and this has been true since the beginning.

We are going to find out eventually that what Mueller is trying to get to the bottom of (international corruption between organized crime, corrupt foreign governments, corrupt international corporations and certain players in our government) is more important to him than Trump's head on a platter.

Trump is 72 years old and won't be around forever. The "iron triangles" global corruption that Mueller has been writing about and giving speeches about since 2011 will be around forever unless someone (Mueller) crushes it.