Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Swamp-draining is fine by me but this wasn't that. In a bizarre way, Comey had credibility across the aisle. This was an ego- and emotion-based decision and, IMHO, a big mistake.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/comey-firing-trump-russia-238192?cid=apn

When was the last time we had a POTUS turtle up, fume for days, then fire the man investigating him? How'd that turn out?

My belief has been that there's a lot of "there" there in the Russian collusion mess. Might not reach Trump- might be confined to Page, Stone, Manafort, Flynn, or some combo, but I think it happened. I think law enforcement has been doing what they do: methodically building the case. I think this brings all that to a head. Guess we'll see. I kinda hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Odd how Rosenstein recommended that Comey be fired and then put a special prosecutor on Trumps back for doing it. Thus making it tough to get rid of both Rosenstein and Mueller along with freezing the FBI appointment process. Brilliant actually. And about this Russian collusion, haven't seen or heard of any evidence or that it would be a crime even. How about the Uranium 1 deal? Now that was collusion of the treasonous type!

Last edited by rickt300; 04/15/18.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]