Quoted for sheer awesomeness.

Bok bok bok............

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Irfubar- intent is THE defining characteristic of an obstruction charge. If intent to obstruct can be shown, then Trump is already [bleep]. Not saying that it'll be shown, but that's it in a nutshell.

Smokepole- a bet is a contract and should be treated as such. I didn't care for the initial offer he made, as I recall, though I don't remember why (I think it was because what he was offering up if he lost was not of interest to me) but I'm open to negotiating a bet with him that works for both of us. Furthermore, I have a STANDING OFFER to anyone who reads this to bet about this issue. No takers, except maybe Jorge, but he keeps changing the terms (in contractual terms, making a counteroffer) which negates my latest offer to him... and around and around we go. Can't seem to nail that one down, but it ain't for lack of trying on my part. But anyway, given the above, why are you singling me out when the whole assembled group of readership of this thread has the opportunity to bet me, but won't? Where's THEIR conviction in their beliefs? Where's your criticism of that?

What may be escaping some here, if you only get your info from the alt.right blogosphere and Breitbart and the like, is that this whole thing is much further along than you might think. Investigators are proceeding under court supervision at this point, they have reached the subpoena point, which means they've demonstrated a significantly high degree of probability (I.E., probable cause) that crimes were committed. It also puts them de facto beyond political reach.

Here's a decent overview.

"But the real danger for Trump, ultimately, comes from an investigation that has its own momentum. Far from being the “witch hunt” that he has decried, it is moving with cold efficiency under the leadership of newly appointed special counsel Robert Mueller. Investigators have reportedly issued subpoenas for documents and are preparing to interview key players, a sign that the FBI is making tangible progress under the oversight of the courts."

The importance of the last sentence cannot be overstated. They are about to move against a very high ranking person in the West Wing ... Not just a nut job FBI director; not just rabid partisan witch-hunters... investigators with the full power of the courts behind them, which again, means they've shown probable cause. Read the whole thing here:

http://time.com/4793909/trump-allies-white-house-russia/

The wheels of Justice are grinding, bigly.

The essence of our "conversation" here is dysfunction and deflection and denial and angry kill-the-messenger rhetoric. It's my contention that that is due to this phenomenon:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

..... many otherwise-smart folks here THINK they are connecting dots, but they are missing a whole bunch of said dots because they've gone full-retard with the "fake news! swamp creature!" rhetoric as a defense mechanism against the cognitive dissonance that they fear experiencing if they read alternative viewpoints. This is very evident here on this thread. And second, sheer rabid partisanship has a bunch of otherwise-patriotic Americans on the cusp of actually being supportive of Trump even if he's shown to have colluded. Example, very few here will say that they WON'T support him if that's the case. That disturbs me greatly. This shouldn't even be debatable. I illustrated this very concisely with my example using Jorge's aircraft carrier CO. He pulled the classic "that's so stupid I'm not even going to answer it!" dodge, which in this case- since my logic was unassailable- was simply that: a dodge.

I believe in my dot-connecting prowess enough to bet anyone that I'm right. The rest of you, don't. If you want to prove me wrong about that then let's get some bets locked down and in the books.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!