Originally Posted by Jeff_O
From the BBC, that bastion of fake news! across the pond:

"Why are Russia questions so hard for the Trump team?

In June Trump Jr took to Twitter to celebrate former FBI head James Comey's testimony that there was no evidence campaign aides had "repeated contacts" with Russians. Now, it turns out, he helped set up one such meeting.
Mr Kushner wrote in his security clearance application that he never met with Russian nationals - and had to subsequently revise his answers when it was revealed he had multiple meetings.
Close campaign aide turned White House National Security Advisor Michael Flynn said he never spoke with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak about sanctions. He resigned in disgrace after government surveillance proved that assertion inaccurate.
Mr Manafort had to acknowledge he received millions in payments from a pro-Russian Ukrainian party and retroactively register as a foreign agent, after insisting last year that he had no such ties.
Jeff Sessions, a close political confidant of Mr Trump during the campaign and now US attorney general, had to recuse himself from his department's Russia investigation because he was not forthcoming about his own meetings with Mr Kislyak.
Time and time again those close to Mr Trump have had to backtrack on assurances they made that they did not have Russian contacts or connections. Taken individually, these episodes may be unremarkable. In their totality, however, they become a steady drumbeat of evasion and obfuscation whenever the topic of Russia comes up
"

The part I bolded wins the "Ya THINK?!" award for July! grin

It also contained this little gem:

"For the past few weeks some Trump supporters have been insisting that even if members of the campaign did co-ordinate with Russian operatives, it wouldn't have been illegal or even improper."

You guys are really gonna go there, aren't you? You really are gonna go full-retard on this. I mean not all y'all of course; but we know who I mean here. You really are gonna go all-in that there was nothing wrong with this.

It wasnt illegal. If D Trump had met with the Ruskies, it wouldnt have been illegal.

What is it that you cant grasp about that?

6 mo in office and Mosul is liberated from zeros buds and apparently yours.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/10/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin