This morning's breakfast.

Eggs # 2 & 3 from the chicks we got in March..................finally! Dang it seems like I've fed them things an awful lot of dollars.

Egg# 1 I found cleaning out under their coop, which sits on some treated skids with clearance under the floor. They've been getting under there since they were small and use it alot at this time of year as it's cool under there. No more, I fixed that with a couple of boards but left a gap for air circulation. After finding the egg I set it on one of the fence boards (down low) and took a tub of dirty litter over to the compost pile. Came back and the little f'rs were eating it, just some shell left which I pulled away from the rooster and a hen. Don't want them in the habit of eating eggs.

Wife found # 2 yesterday while I was up in the mountains camping, I found another this morning. And a soft shell, probably the first egg from one of the other girls. 8 hens so I hope to get about a half dozen a day average.

[Linked Image]

With some cheap Dutch canned ham and homemade pumpernickel bread (fried in the ham grease!) and one of them eggs was a twin!

[Linked Image]

They were yummy, the girls did good. Now to get them the electric "pasture" fence so the can roam a bit.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?