Jim,

My wife got the recipe off the net, for all I know it's one of the ones the other guys have posted. next time she fires up her laptop she's going to send it to me. She made a substitution or two, as we don't always have everything called for and we ain't running 15 miles into town just for a spice shaker of "savory". wink

This recipe sorta reminded me a bit of Beef Bourguignon. All I know is I liked it. Told my wife last night that next time we might make it with stew beef. Friggen beef tailbones are selling here for $6 a lb. Seems I remember they used to be cheap and down in the "ethnic" end of the meat counter where one could find hog maws, beef tongue and shanks, and chicken gizzards.......................you know, stuff us ethnic Eye Tal Ians might eat.

I hope that butcher can save you some of the "parts" Jim. If I ever did the same, my wife would be PO'd as I'd be having him save the head to go in the pit I was digging as he was butchering! Nothing like cabeza tacos!

I always wondered, on those home butchering deals, does the butcher get the hide to sell?

I hope that all goes well for you Jim. For me it would be so satisfying to eat some beef I raised from "babyhood".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?