Thank you Remsen and of course you are correct about CA. These crabbing shenanigans are all out of HMB. If I recall you hailed from just a bit north of me.

Crabbing isn’t cheap nor is it particularly easy, especially when the ocean is up… but it’s my favorite kind of fishing.

Nothing beats the anticipation of waiting and hoping for some color as the puller slowly winds the pot up from the depths

Yesterday we started off in a hole as the first pot in the string was completely and utterly, gone. Searched and searched and it had simply got up and walked away. Hate to think of thievery in a case like that as there are other plausible explanations but..so minus $200 right off the bat.

Next pot had 5 followed by 8 then a 3.

We had our frequent companion and trusty boat bittch with us and I told him after the 3 that we were in need of a “wow” pot and this was his time to shine. So I handed him a fresh IPA and snagged the buoy while he washed down the salt spray.

He rose to the occasion and the next pot had 17 keepers in it including some genuine monsters.

That made limits for 3 so it was time to head in with 4 pots left untouched. Time to give the boat a thorough scrubbing and flushing and get water to boiling…

Sposed to be getting sporty out there for a few days so next trip won’t be for a bit but what a great first time after a month+ delay to the opener

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..