Originally Posted by New_2_99s

By the way, those lil Thai chilli peppers are hot !

Paul, that soup looks fantastic.

You have a pic of those peppers? Over the years the plants they sell down here as "Thai peppers" have changed. The ones I seem to get now look more like a chile de arbol than what I knew as a Thai pepper.

25 years or so ago I grew some that were only slightly bigger than a chiltepin or chile pequin. They were approaching habanero in heat level with less of a fruity flavor. I was in college then and gave some to a young (and foolish) classmate who said he liked hot stuff. Came in one day and asked what I had given him, he made a skillet of stir fry and he said he loved it but could barely stand the heat. I asked how many he put in, he answered "5, and a few of the other peppers you gave me". I had to reply I only put 2-3 in a skillet size dinner and if there are other peppers in there they are only mild ones like bell or Anaheim. I'd love to get some little tiny Thai peppers again, this time I'd be smart and save the seeds.

Thanks for "sharing" that soup with us.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?