Originally Posted by FatCity67
Looks fantastic. Whats the base of the broth?

Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Another night with the girls, this time a quick asian noodle soup, made by my daughters especially for Mom.

[Linked Image]

In a large pot brown 3 pounds of fairly meaty beef bones in a few tablespoons of oil, when bones and meat are browned (pour off oil), add 3 litres water to the pot, and 1 cup of soya sauce. To pot add 1 large Vadalia onion quartered into hunks, 6 thumb size pieces of fresh ginger peeled and scored with a fork, three fresh chili peppers, six large whole garlic cloves (smashed), 1/2 tsp five spice powder, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 12 peppercorns, 1 tablespoon of salt, 3 litres of water, 4 large celery stalks cut into large chunks, 4 large carrots peeled and cut into chunks. I simmered the broth for 2 hours adding a bit of water twice to maintain amount of broth desired.

We adjusted salt and five spice powder to taste, and perked it up with a couple of splashes of white vinergar.

We pulled the meat from the bones and added it to the pot, I also added precooked chinese egg noodles, and a variety of veggies cut into match stick size.

Simple, not an authentic recipe, just something we have always cooked together and enjoyed together smile

Last edited by Miss_Lynn; 01/31/19.