I harvested some ripe tomatoes the other evening as it was going to frost and even though the plants are covered I didn't want to risk losing them. Thought I might actually have enough to can some this season, and probably could have gotten 6 pints but once I got them in the pan I changed course.

Decided to make spaghetti sauce instead, so last night I processed them then simmered them down to thicken.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This morning they got some browned stew meat and chicken breast added, onion, peppers and herbs fresh from the garden, garlic from a friend, and lots of simmering:

I made a loaf of volkkornbrot today, and while not traditional with spaghetti, it worked quite well for slopping up the gravy.

And while my presentations are not as nice as Paul's, I'll put my sauce up against most anyone's. shocked

Tonight's supper was for sure comfort food for this 2nd generation Italian American boy. I even told my wife I'll probably gain a pound and I didn't even have a second bowl, which is almost a crime where I come from.

Tomorrow's left overs are going to be even better!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?