Originally Posted by 805
You fellas can argue all you want but I gotta say that looks pretty good!
Got a recipe?

Here you go 805, developed by me personally. Best Banana bread I have ever had all my guests love it.

6 to 7 Over Ripe Bananas the riper the better
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Refined White Sugar
2 Pinches Salt
2 Big Tsp High-Quality Baking Soda, I use Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
2 Beaten Eggs
2 Tsp Vanilla
2/3 Cup Unsalted Melted Butter
1 Cup Rough Chopped Pecans
2 Cups Frozen Cranberries

Preheat your Oven to 350

In a bowl break up the bananas with a potato masher break up the Bananas then mix in sugar, beaten eggs, salt, butter, baking soda, and vanilla, and mix very well.

Add in ½ of the flour and mix in well, then add the next ½ of the flour and incorporate loosely then add the Pecans and frozen Cranberries and mix until well incorporated.

Using 2 (9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inches) heavily greased with unsalted butter Bread Pans divide the mixture equally, I use a scale and measure in grams. I know the weight of my mixing bowl and weigh it after everything is mixed to know the total weight of the ingredients. This is important because you want them to cook at the exact same time.

Cook for 60 minutes then check with a chopstick for doneness, if very wet cook for another 10 minutes and check again, do not let it overcook so it won’t be dry, you want to be very moist. Every oven is different. The batch I made on Saturday took 1:20 min to cook because I used 7 large Bananas.

Tips: When cooking your loaves check them in 30 minutes as soon as you get the desired color on top of your loaves cover them with Aluminum Foil otherwise the tops will get too dark. Also, after you pour the mixture into your pans, press any Cranberries that are sticking out of the mixture into the mixture, so you do not see them, they tend to burn if exposed. Do not use fresh Cranberries, frozen works 10x's better!

When you take them out of the oven let them rest for 15 minutes, then flip the pans and shake until the loaf falls out and rest on a wire rack. If you do not use heavily greased pans, they will be hard to get out.

Enjoy

Last edited by KillerBee; 06/12/23.

KB