Originally Posted by greydog
I know this to be true mostly because of an accumulation of 35 years of experience as a gunsmith and considerably more than that as a shooter and experimenter. I have chambered "improved" cartridges from the K-Hornet to the 375H&H AI (and this does include the 223 AI) and have chronographed most of them. When tests are run to compare standard and AI'd chambers, the real surprise is often what the parent case will do when loaded to pressures which are accepted as usable by the AI advocates.
There are some improved cartridges which can offer a significant increase over the standard case but the 223 isn't one of them; no matter how much we might wish it to be so. GD
So if someone had 36+ years experience and their experience is contrary to yours what would you say? 10-15 fps is more than a bit difficult for some of us to buy into. I'm not saying to expect several hundred fps gains, but 10-15 fps is significantly lower than my research with a strain gauge display. Of course like most of these posts I could just be guessing myself......

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.