Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Gruff, if you want to make an informed decision about sight height on the #3, consider some darkish flavored epoxy paste moulded around the current sight blade, only higher. Doesn't need a lot of finesse, just some height. Take a file to the range, shoot and file until you're on paper or the X, with a little bit of positive elevation on the rear sight. Pull out your calipers and measure...

Lacking an aftermarket sight of proper height, take the existing sight and have someone silver solder a blade of sufficient height after the old blade has been milled off. This gives you the opportunity to file to height and have a blade with some meat on it. I phoucin' hate skinny narrow blade sights. Gimme some meat on the blade and a healthy square notch on the rear. Rock 'n Roll....

Thank me later,

BD

That's some damn good advice BD! I see some JB weld in my immediate future.

Oh [bleep].

BD just did that kid's rifle a terrible disservice.

Travis

Grasshopper, one cannot do disservice to something which does not hit chitt. If broke, fix. If not broke, no fix.

Gruff can even put a blue front blade on if he wants. Blue tape blue. It will make the Poobah twitch next spring.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain