An artistic gunfighter will avoid those embarrassing moments that seem to last an eternity when his smoker jams. Or have a fall back up his sleeve.

Never toyed with M4s, after my time.

Have a bunch of single shots, a few bolt guns a pumper or three, lever guns and even a couple of stack barrels and SxS. Three autos....peestol, shotgun, and an M1 Carbine. I like the way the carbine rattles and clatters...and hit's chitt I'm shootin' at. It's a lot lighter than a -16 or -4 as well.

I look at all the clutter on current generation AR platforms and puke mostly. I see peeps buying them things with all kind of attachments and shake my head in dismay.

Brother of a neighbor bought one awhile back and has over 5K in it. Aimpoint sight and lasers and chitt. Went to the range with him to sight it in and get him familiar with the baggage. Got the peeps zeroed at 100 yards in about 3 shots and he went thru a mag before putting the Aimpoint on. I bag rested the gun, peep zeroed and twiddled the dials on the Aimpoint to POA. He was mystified that it only needed a little tweak to be zeroed.

I hate phuocin' 16" barrels on a gas gun.

Guns are just a phuocin' mystery to some folks I guess.

BD

Last edited by DigitalDan; 01/17/14.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain