Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
My latest hunter...

Used to go with the fancy wood but have since starting switching to utility...like my rifles!

[Linked Image]

What make of Bark river is that? Gunny without a ramp? What steel? Happy with its feild performance?

Ive been debating on a gunny in the standard profile or drop point and debating A2 or 30V...

Rampless Gunny...bought it that way from KSF. Buddy just bought one and sent it in to grind the ramp off. This is the second Gunny I've owned. Sold the first to a friend and ended up coming back to one. Probably the best balanced/sized knife I've ever used (although their Loveless Drop Point Humter is sweet, as well).

Enough of a drop point for pointy work and enough belly to skin. Blade length perfect.

Tis one is an A2...Mike's heat treat is so good I didn't see the need to go CPM 3V. While super tough it's definitely harder to sharpen (the CPM 3V).

The Mini-Canadian and Liten Bror in the picture are CPM 3V, the rest are all Bark River's A2.

Couldn't be happier with its performance from kitchen to field. Custom knife at 'big' producer prices. I wouldn't trade any of my Barkies for ANYTHING Sportmans Warehouse sells (or most other places). Not to mention their lifetime warranty...

And I'll NEVER go back to a micro bevel knife after the convex grind...

PS Unless you're willing to spend extra time and effort on sharpening, I would go A2...their heat treat is great. Holds an edge, nearly indestructible and much easier to strop back to,shaving sharp.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...