RDW,

Much of my affinity for the 1D3,is how it do ala SOOC JPEG...as compared to all of the other bodies I've had/have.

I now upload to the IMac to LR3,sort/cull and batch process with a preset I configured for that particular body. It typically does a very nice job of metering(though I set it up to meter separate from AF engagement and back button focus expressly),it's AWB routinely do nice things and AF is simply killer. The lens most oft slammed aboard it for Hero Pics is the 17-40,due to it's focal range,IQ and weather sealing. Tough to trump the combo for running & gunning in trying conditions.

SOOC King Eider in mid blink,to touch upon the inherent Mojo of the body. 100-400 at 300mm F/11 for increased DOF and ISO 200 to retain a reciprocal of focal length in shutter speed(1/500),handheld as per always. Stabbed +1/2 stop of exposure compensation in the body,for a wee bit of "pop".

[Linked Image]

I think highly of the system,in extrapolation to a goodly smattering of other Canon DSLR efforts.

Few from today.

Neighbor kid wanted to go,so threw him in my crummy and rolled. Enjoyed him exploding his St. Croix above it's ferrule on a Chromer Hen,then work fiendishly to reel in the literal pieces,hopscotch the line as she ran between his legs and get it all sorted out. Hard to slam the shutter when laughing so hard,but he done good. Handed him my GLX 1141S I was toting as a spare and he never missed a cast.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fair weather,with only a couple hail storms and the downpours were spaced nicely...so gear had a chance to dry for a change.

[Linked Image]

Can see me doing it all over again in the morning.(grin)

'Finn,

It's in Tennessee.

Laffin'!

'215,

The Poker Face is held in the highest of esteem in these parts.

I'd be disappointed with anything else.(grin)

Hutch,

Cheer up,I'm not certain as to exactly how I'm gonna spec my next 223AI...so I feel your pain.