Want to take a moment to give all the young pups a history lesson on hand and/or finger symbology. Some like Ingwe the Immortal already know this. Ingwe, go have a brew, you don't need to see this.

In the short Oscar acclaimed special below over 40 years of hand sign evolution is portrayed on only 14 seconds. You're seeing it before Nat Geo runs it next spring.

-First we have the two fingered "V" which symbolized Victory during WWII.
-Second we have the "V" sign which was adopted from the first as a symbol of peace. The users of this symbol were of sufficiently reduced mental capacity that they thought this cool and groovy, even if an insult to their parents.
-Third we have the truncated version offered in response to the second, which actually originated with the Battle of Agincourt in 1415. I will, upon request, provide commentary on that battle. Ingwe was there too, so you can ask him if you prefer.
-Fourth, you see the subtle shift and reversion to the two fingered variety with digits curved much in the fashion of snake fangs and slightly, nay, subtly poked at the offender. This evolution was a product of fabled flight crews of the technically enhanced AH-1G Cobra, aka "Snake Drivers" during and post Vietnam. It's subtle message is generally lost on rope smokin' hippies of the day, but it represents the obvious "fangs" and the not so obvious point that 2.75" FFARs are fired in pairs on most occasions. Loosely translated in means "I weel keel you! You can run but you will just die tired. May a pair of 17 pounders fly up your ass."

I thought you all should know this.

BD

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain