Prolly should have gone to church

As it seemed this poor sinner was getting what he deserved at the range.

May have to switch to Mondays.

I always shoot over a chronograph when load testing. My idea is its kinda hard to decide what load when you don�t have a clue about velocity.

Shooting light is at 8 AM. I get there about 7:15 in order to get set up before shooting light, that way no-one has to wait on me.
It was a beautiful morning. Cool, crisp and absolutely no wind. So I start setting up.

[Linked Image]

222 Rem., 223 Rem., 6BR, 6-284, 257 AI

Good to go there

First premonition of the way the day is gonna go��.

I foget my target dots. Oh well, got a black marker so all is not lost.

Set up targets at 25 yds for sight in and 100 yds for groups.

Since I had to use a marker to make my target dots its now about 8:15. However I still have the range all to myself.

Recently, the powers-that-be have instituted a new rule. First person there is the rangemaster. That makes me the neighborhood cop. Bummer.

[Linked Image]

Decide I�ll shoot the 6-284 first.

25 yds.
Sight down the bore. First shot, two inches down and an inch to the right, so I place the crosshairs back at the POA and crank to the bullet hole. Fire again. Good deal, two shots to get on paper.
Back to 100 yds.

Well now all hell breaks loose. Here comes a flood of folks. Every darn one of them newbies with AR�s. And none of them have brass catchers. Like tryin� to organize kindergarteners.

From that point on it was a steady stream of folk showing up every 15 minutes, calling the range cold, explaining that they gotta rack semi-autos while the bolt guns just have to remove the bolt. Gotta have eye protection, ear protection, no rapid fire on the bench rest range. No don�t look down the barrel or point your firearm at anyone. Sheesh.

Then the wind comes up around 9:30 and is soon gusting at +/- 15 mph. During the melee, I fired eight 3 shot groups and one 5 shot group between 8:30 AM and noon. Seven with the 6-284 and two with the 223 Rem. Didn�t get to shoot the others
Was not very impressed with my shooting, but was surprised at how much faster the IMR 4350 was in comparison to IMR 4831 with the same bullets.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This load has worked for me in several other 223 Rem�s

[Linked Image]

I believe this Cooper has potential.

Oh well, even a mediocre day at the range and some trigger time helps alleviate the symptoms of SDD (Shooting Deficit Disorder).

I think I need to go kill something soon, however.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.