Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Anyone who served as a combat medic is beyond reproach on that level IMHO.

There is a big difference in having a Combat Medic MOS and serving IN Combat as a Medic... IMHO...

Amen to that one.. we are in agreement...

but there are many folks who made sure they were highly trained to save lives, for when the time came that may be called...

and many who have used those skills and saved people's lives out on the street because of that training...

because I am thankful for having it...and yeah I have used it and saved people's lives who would have otherwise died if I hadn't been there...it wasn't under fire...

but it gave us the sense to have to risk our lives to save others, putting ourselves in harms way....

but yes I have seen danger, doing what I was trained to do..
and have experienced people dying in my arms, when nothing could be done.. or seen saving them on a med evac chopper on the way to a med center, while in unform.. more than once..doing hands on what I was trained for...

I salute those that have served and done so under fire... but I haven't seen many slight those that have been thru that training and have done what we are trained to do, even if it wasn't under fire...

I have NOTHING to apologize for, receiving the training I did..for the MOSs I have completed...nor doing everything the military asked of me... and if there was situations going on, then my military training wound have been much more extensive, as I had signed up for much more training and it had been approved...as I qualified...but serving from 76 to 82, the world was pretty quiet..

so after my initial training in C school and I completed 300 F1 training, I was given the opportunity to stay on active duty to complete training in one direction or get off active, go Reserve and complete training in another direction...

of course if you were not on active duty in 1978, you probably wouldn't have known what was going on or available..

and yes, I was actively recruited by Both Special Forces and the 2nd Ranger Battalion at Ft Lewis at the time, for the training I'd already received, the scores on my testing, the education I have already had before going into the Army...I went enlisted, even tho I had a college degree.. and also scored quite well on physical tests, and scores on M16, M60, M203, M79 and a host of other weapons...along with a very high GT score...

tie that in with people known by my step dad who was a retired AF Colonel, who personally knew a lot of high folks in the special ops community as he spend 49 months in Vietnam attached to them...

my background and connects via the family, in the military community at the time, might be far more extensive than you would even believe anyway, so why bother...

but that is water under the bridge at this point...I let my life, take a different path for different reasons...and that's that.. but doesn't negate the things I did do, or the things I have done...whether some of you guys like it or not..

its not bragging, its just answering your guys questions...
but ya don't wanna hear the answers, then don't ask the questions...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez