Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Tanner, I would never encourage anyone to drop school..I was lucky, I finished college..but the fact that we had an active rifle team was a great help..
For thirty years I was in public education..when I got into the field, people with a degree could get a job anywhere..when I left, there might be 200 apps. for one job...During the closing years of that time, I attended a workshop..in the workshop, the folks said most high schools prepare students for college..but about 10 percent will attend, and less will graduate..even then the job market is super tough..according to those folks, the areas to enter are the trades...They require a shorter education time..and are far less expensive..This is old information as I have been out of ed. for almost 15 years..but I am sure the situation with college is still pretty accurate..
You have sometime to think this over and I certainly would do so..The future for young people doesn't seem as rosey as in past years, but I am sure things will work out for you, just make the best choice you can, and move forward...

+1 and a bit.

Brother went to school and became an aerospace engineer, helped put those boys on the moon and later on develop powerplants for the F14/15/16. Worked out well for him.

I took the route you're considerin' Tanner, and it worked out for me too. Only point I'd make about the forces is those folks on the other side are sincere about killin' your azz. Working the rigs might not be any safer. Surviving that to reach ol' age is the trick and one needs a bit of self confidence and skilled in critical thinking to pull that off on a regular basis in hazardous occupations. Once a long time back I gave a 2 star general a hearty GFY in front of a lot of witnesses. Can you do that? To quote Clint Eastwood, "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy."

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain