Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Geedubya ever see an 8mm Rem Mag. This one is a Rem M 700.

Once again you got me. I've 8mag brass I've necked down for my 7stw and I've considered buying the 8mm mag in the Rem 700 several time, but once again my anal nature kicks in. I prefer the high volume mags w/ 26" barrels when possible. I do luv the 325 WSM though.
My Nosler Custom Sporter in 325 WSM with the Leupold 3.5 x 10 with illuminated Reticle has become my go to rifle for dark thirty
hog thumping.

[Linked Image]

I load it with 180 gr. Nosler Ballistic tips over 62 gr. W-760 for +/- 2,850 fps.

[Linked Image]

Add a Elusive Wildlife Technologies XLR 250 kill light and your good to at least 165 yds. Anyway that's the farthest I've killed hogs using it after dark. It lights up both your quarry and scope reticle. The green light don't spook the critters.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Well that 8 mag is going to get re-barreled to 8 mag except it'll have a 26" barrel. When I can get enough money.

Dang that Nosler .325 WSM just looks like it's all business and no play. Why the "light" bullet in the .325?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken