Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by SamOlson
So today my buddy calls me while I'm in the tractor. Wife is outta town for 2 weeks and he lets my dogs out to piss.

About 6 he calls and says some [bleep] shot through your slider door on the front of the house. Sweet, anther FAS(that's fetal alcohol syndrome for those of you off the Rez) drive-by shooting.

He gets to looking around and wait a second, nope just a rock from the mower guy doing the 'park' across the street. How in the [bleep] a rock flew that far is beyond me but that's what happened. 40lbs of glass on a tarp.

[bleep].

Double pane, the remaining glass should be good to go for?

Hopefully until we get a rain day at least.

BTDT.. you can stand six feet away from a slider, throw a brick at it and it will bounce off. But a little rock off a string trimmer will take 'em right out.

Call the city and tell them their mower took out your winder.

When I was in high school, we heard breaking glass. Found one of the crank-out windows at the side of the picture window in the livingroom had half a rock between the two panes. Neighbor across the way was mowing around his rock drive with what we always called a weed mower (flat deck/no guards). Dad went over to talk to him. Ed saw Dad coming and walked over to meet him. Dad explained what had happened, Ed immediately agree, they looked down where they were standing, and there was the other half of the rock right at their feet.

As to the throwing the brick at the window: Also in high school, someone had an old television that they were relegating to the dump. A couple of us hauled it out there for them and thought that we would have some real fun throwing rocks at the picture tube and watching it explode. After considerable effort, we decided that Sandy Koufax wouldn't be able to break the damned thing. We laid it face-up, backed up the pick-up, stood on top of the truck with the biggest chunk of concrete we could find, dropped it onto the thing, and awaited the expected explosion. It just sort of collapsed with a disappointing sigh.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.