Good evening, denizens of the BTE!

Got a chance to sight in the new Bush on the T3 SL today with75 gr Amaxers. Spent about 5 hrs shooting-half or more of which was walking back and forth 210 yds each way. Got to get a spotting scope! She sure does shoot...running about 1.3" at 210 yds for 5 shots. The best three shots were sub 1". Took some phots of targets and rifles (had the 5R out as well), but Photobucket is NOT cooperating and neither is my ancient VAIO. I'm buying an IPad.

Anyway she shot great with 23 and 25 grains of Varget and TAC. Oddly enough the 24 gr of Varget looked like a shotgun pattern--weird. I also noticed the TAC
loads shot noticeably more to the right than the Varget!?

Absolutely no pressure signs whatsoever at those loads tho approaching book max. I'm going to load up some more tomorrow and creep up the scale. Unfortunately, my chrono just took an apparent schit and won't read so I have to guestimate velocities. The 23.0 gr Varget load seemed to match up very closely to ballistic drops indicating 2700 fps from a 22" barrel. Both the TAC and Varget loads printed very close in vertical dispersion. My 25 loads printed about 2.5" higher than the 23 loads.

Getting dark so I put up my steel plate at 450 yds and rang her 10 of the last 12 shots--had to figure clicks for the last 8 (different load). Almost too easy.

Quick equipment notes and shout-outs.

Travis, the Bushnell 10x40 is sweet! I got the Midway version which has mil
turrets to go with the reticle.

They had it on sale plus I got a $75 dollar rebate coming so it cost me under $150-a steal for that scope.

Rancho, your mag mod has worked beautifully! I've got the 75 Amax's loaded to about 2.470" (kissing the lands) and she feeds those and the shorty 40 grainers perfectly. Thanks again.

Will keep you guys posted (it is a .223 thread) but so far so good. Maybe I can nab a yote or two with it seeing as the rockchucks are gone for the year and we don't have the PD like you guys.

Later.

Chris

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...