Bears...deal with 'em. Reminds me of one night at the Cav O'Club. Just outside of Phouc Dim. Major yells "Who will take the mail to Black Rock?"

The club fell so quiet you could hear the roaches crunch as the Green Beenies snacked on strays in the corner. Black Rock was a fire support base deep in the Annamite Mountains, not far from the border with Laos. Not far from Ho Li [bleep].

A soft voice came from darkness near the cash register, "I'll take the mail to Black Rock."

Another voice quavered, "But what about the Indians?". You have to understand that as a matter of course Warriors often refer to hostile territory as Indian Country.

The voice it the darkness replied with confidence, "Phouc the Indians."

Everyone gasped, the major's eyes opened wide in awe. The trembling voice nearly cracked as it inquired "You'd phouc an Indian?"

The Darkness replied, "I'd phouc a lion."

A dozen voices trembled in chorus, "You'd phouc a lion?"

In reply the Darkness spoke in a cold, dry icy way, "I'd phouc a lion's mother."

As a single clarion voice in perfect cadence the Warriors cried, "Travis, you lyin' mother phoucer!"

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain