Originally Posted by ingwe
Aint never seen a tiger, but they are bigger than lions, so Im sure I would be akeered of them too.....

Yeah, leopards, especially wounded ones, are their own form of demon for sure.If they have an ounce of one of their nine lives left, they will use it on you....

Well, I saw a video of some fella in Africa trying to release a leopard one day. It crawled almost all the way in the p'up cab and shredded him fairly proper. OTOH, I learned a long time back you shouldn't provoke a cat unless you're ready to back it up. Scrotum shrinker this:

Anyway, I've not had your experience in dealing with PO'd 4 legged cats in close quarters, but I've crossed paths with a few here and there.

1. A Shau Valley, '70. Flew over a small clearing and two tiger cubs were rollicking in the grass. They looked up at us, about 50' up and momma came boiling out of the tree line wanting a piece of our collective asses big time. Totally unafraid, unrepentant and she might have cleared 12'-15' in her jumps trying to reach us while I hovered. After brief consideration I decided that hanging around and depending on the legendary reliability of Allison turbines was probably unwise. Other than being fearless, the other thing that caught my attention: Tigers are really, really big. Forearms on momma were bigger than my thighs by fair margin. The kids thought the whole thing just...fascinating.

2. I petted a tiger once. Those things are really, really phoucin' ginormous. I'm surprised I still have a right arm. It purred...I nearly crapped my pants.

3. Any cat bigger than a house cat can [bleep] you up quicker than a politician can change his position. Bobcats, lions, jaguars, it hardly matters. They are stronger, quicker and they make a living making other chitt dead. Phouc that.

4. I petted a cheetah once too. They are neat critters. This one was a male named Sam. Anytime a woman got in the compound with Sam (name as I recall it) and they were wearing a skirt he would rip it off and run away with it. I really liked Sam. True story that, White Oak Plantation on the Georgia/Florida border just north of Jacksonville.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain