Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

How many shots does it usually take to hit a rock?

I don't know... Your the guy that put 6 football fields between you and that rock at fo'fitty.

But then I'd shot it before (in all fairness)

Holy schit.

Let's see. As I recall, you drove BGG and I to that spot, and asked if we could judge distance in the mountains. I believe I guessed 400, and BGG guessed 450. And the rock was at 450.

But that wasn't quite good enough for Mr. Mountain Man. He wanted to see if us dumb ol' flatlanders could connect. So in a strange sort of dick measuring contest, he challenges me to see if I can hit it with my 7-08. I tell him yes, I can hit it. Dan pushes the issue so out comes the rifle and I lay out prone over some deadfall. BGG spots and after my rifle barks BGG responds "center punched that bitch".

But that wasn't enough for Mr. Backcountry. So out comes BGG's 22-250. And BGG lays out prone and connects no less than three times as fast as he can run the bolt.

Well, that was enough for ol' Left Jab. So back into the truck as far as he was concerned. But we didn't think that was quite appropriate given the fact that he essentially challenged us to a shooting contest.

Out comes the infamous Kimber Montana in .308. Dan "slings up" into a loop sling (I had seen this routine before when he missed one antelope and tortured another one to death). Then the event went like this:

"Low"

"Huh?"

"Low"

"What the [bleep]?"

"Right"

"Are you schitting me?"

"No"

"High"

"[bleep]! What is wrong with this [bleep] thing today!"

"Hit, finally."

Now BGG being the man that he is, is having a hard time controlling his Sling Blade laugh this whole time (hugh-hugh-hugh-hugh-hugh). So after Dan Not Quite The Destroyer gets up, BGG decides to give the Montana a go. BGG connects with the little rifle repeatedly and hands it back to Mr. Plywood. "Nice rifle" he politely comments as he hands it back...

As the adage goes: "You can bullschit the fans, but not the players."

Travis

Wow... You two [bleep] are mad at me I take it??

What I remember about that rock was, one of you said "I guess how many football fields will fit in it" and the other one said "that's pushing 6" Then Travis said "I'll give it the same hold as the 450 gong back home" Then Travis spent 20 minutes building a benchrest out of backpacks and Gruffs beard, shot it and was amased it got hit (on the left edge BTW) Then Gruff knew the yardage, and dialed in a come-up, and did an impressive piece of rifle shooting (I'll admit that)

Then I shot the Montana with the fixed 4, which still had the factory wide duplex. No dialed in come-up, no picket to use, kentucky windage... First shot, Gruff said, "Low, maybe 3", you threw [bleep] all over it..."

2nd shot "Good for elevation, 4" past the right edge"

3rd shot "drilled it...."

Then I told you and Gruff what I had to use for a hold, then Gruff did another impressive piece of rifle shooting (I'll admit it again) and you passed on shooting the Kimber at that yardage.

Then the wind got nastier and we all shot the Montana at the pothole at 200, you two prone, me sitting with a sling. I remember that all 7-8 rounds were in about a 4" group when we drove down there and we all laughed about it...

That was also the last season that I shot that fixed 4. I put that 2-7x33 with dots on it after that, and quit trying to prove a point. It was a great scope for timber.... It made hitting [bleep] from 200 on in easy...

Did you just ask if I was mad at you?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house