And I might add, 1911's rock...only auto I've ever had faith in, lessons learned during crystalline moments in time scattered over too many years in Dade Co. Florida.

I still maintain however there is no visual training aid more immediate in effect than a RSB muzzle pressed to your face.

Years ago my brother had a friend who carried a RSB in the door side pocket of his VW Beetle. He picked up a hitchhiker one eve, a big black dude, out in the middle of nowhere. He was shifting into 3d as the story was told, when the black dude pulled a knife and told him to pull over and get out of the car.

He repeated that more stridently as the shift into 4th gear was completed and the speed approached 55. My brother's friend was an aerospace engineer and no doubt he was working calculus in his mind, or maybe point mass equations, WTF knows, hey? It was a long time back and some things are forgotten.

The African got very agitated and screamed for the guy to stop and pull over or some such chitt. Bro's friend stuck the RSB in his face and said "Get out." He did too.

He said there was a brief image in the rear view of the African doing cartwheels or something similar, though the loom of the tail lights was not bright or the image clear.

I damn near fractured some ribs when I heard that tale.

Always be kind to your fellow man and never go unprepared.

With Warmest Regards,

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain